A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Friday, September 29, 2006

The LABA party

LABA: Latin American Business Association. I quite popular student club in Stern. I am not even a member of it but I have attended the “famous” LABA party tonight. It’s said to be the best party in campus and it’s been good…but that’s it. Nearly 415.a.m. and, following this bad habit that I am getting used to in NY, it’s time to write some stuff before going to bed. Btw, “Antics” by Interpol sounds on my brand new speakers that my friends just shipped for me. Great present!

The night has started with a dinner in an Italian restaurant. It was all MBA1s from Stern. Nice conversation, good fun, expensive wine (I can’t still believe that we have paid around 100 bucks for two bottles of a nice – just that – Italian Chianti wine) and bad food. I haven’t been lucky with my choice and the gnocchi that I had were not tasty at all….I could have been eating any other thing in a green sauce….

After dinner we have headed over to the LABA party in a club called Crobar in 28th St. We have arrived there a little late and, unfortunately, we have missed the one-hour open bar. (Digression: Is consulting work fun? You never know when you meet certain people who work on it…and who make you waste a nice and convenient open bar!) A pity because I have ended up spending nearly one hundred bucks…. And I have only had three whiskies and a beer (inviting friends is nice but expensive!!!). Around 700 people – mostly Sternies – dancing, drinking, having fun…and quite ready to hook up with some of their peers. A couple of funny stories may be told about tonight. Not about myself , though, unfortunately… well, maybe I can say that certain Stern girl I hooked up with was kinda charming tonight…but I ain’t in the mood for that any more. It’s funny to see people dancing, playing around and …well, you know....

Once again, partying with people from outside of Stern is nice and healthy. I suggested a girl friend (and her girl friends) to come over to the party. They’ re pretty hot and very nice and most of my Stern friends were willing to meet them. I can understand why: pretty, friendly, easy going, and so forth. Doesn’t sound bad at all! If you add to that that they’re “outsiders”…. again, as I have said some other time, is a matter of mental health. Having said that, I’m realizing about how difficult is the “love thing” in this city. Maybe Carrie Bradshaw was right (maybe I should go through the Sex & the city episodes again!). Teasing, messing around, fooling around and so forth is really easy….but going serious is tough. Anyway, do I really want such a thing…..?

After such "deep" 430 am thoughts I’m going to bed. I have to wake up rather early for an Office of Career Development’s workshop for all international students. It`s gonna last around four hours. Hope it will be useful. Anything is welcome in order to try to make my mind a little clearer. Time goes by and I still don’t know what career track I’m going to pursue- But that will be part of a future post.

Ciao

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I read in your blog that you're a stern student. I'm coming on Jan from ESADE, as an interchange student for the spring term, will you be there? Would be fine to meet up...Don't worry, lot's of spanish girl friends are coming on 'semana santa' to visit me so you'll have the fresh air it looks sternies need!! ;) Where are you from exactly? Bilbao?
Just in case you wanted to contact me:
scrman@hotmail.com

Cheers!

05:23

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!
I am from San Sebastian, Spain. I am still not sure about where are you from.... bilbao?? Anyway, I am glad I have discovered your blog, since I am applying this round to Stern. How many spaniards do you guys have there? my email: dblazquez___@___gmail___com

09:49

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After seeing the Athletic de Bilbao link....you MUST be from the botxo!! I am reading all your entries, i am really enjoying them! Could you please contact me? I'd love to have your email just in case I go back to stern!! (I visited it four weeks ago)

10:27

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

רציתי לשתף אותכם בחוויה אותו עברתי לאחר הפיגוע בדולפינריום. במהלך שלוש שנים לאחר הטראומה, הרגשתי מדוכאת, חסרת שמחה, עייפה ומדוכדכת. עם טיפולים רפואיים רגילים לא יכולתי להשתקם וכתוצאה מכך פניתי ל- [b][url=http://www.maker.co.il/3_15707/%D7%9E%D7%90%D7%9E%D7%A8/%D7%9B%D7%9C-%D7%94%D7%A2%D7%95%D7%91%D7%93%D7%95%D7%AA-%D7%A2%D7%9C-%D7%A0%D7%A4%D7%A9-%D7%94%D7%90%D7%93%D7%9D-%D7%95%D7%A2%D7%99%D7%A1%D7%95%D7%99-%D7%A8%D7%A4%D7%95%D7%90%D7%99-(%D7%9E%D7%A1%D7%90%D7%92%60).html]עיסוי[/url][/b] רפואי אלטרנטיבי. המליצו לי על מעסה מקצועי מ-Spa-Vip.co.il - עיסוי עד הבית, אשר כולל מסאג איורוודה מצויין אשר גרם להתעוררות חושים תוך טיפול אחד בלבד. כזה שינוי בחיים לא חוויתי, אומנם זה היה טיפול מסאג שוודי ראשוני, חזרה השמחה לחיי, פיזרתי את השיער ויצאתי מה- [b][url=http://www.academics.co.il/Articles/Article12945.aspx]מסאג[/url][/b]' עם כוחות חדשים, מחויכת ומוכנה להמשך.

[b][url=http://www.tapuz.co.il/blog/ViewEntry.asp?EntryId=1679344]עיסוי שוודי[/url][/b] הוא עיסוי רפואי המתאפיין ב ריח של קטורת, נרות וריח של קטורת. ההתחלה של עיסוי היא מגע עדין מעל המגבת אחרי שחשפנו את הגוף מכף רגל ועד ראש. נמרח שמן חם מכף רגל ועד הראש, אחרכך תנועה עדינה ומלטפת מכף רגל ועד ראש ובחזרה. אחרי מספר תנועות עדינות מתחיל הטיפול בצידו השני של הגוף, אחרי אותם תנועות על צידו השני יש שילוב של לחיצות רפואיות מכיוון שהגוף התרגל למגע מפנק ומרגיע ודבר זה גרם לשרירים להרפות מעט... כל זה בטיפול פרטי של [b][url=http://www.academics.co.il/Authors/Author2173.aspx]מעסה[/url][/b] מקצועי עד בית הלקוח!

אישית לא האמנתי כי דברים כאלה יכולים להיות עד אשר חוויתי מסאז איורוודה באיכות כזאת, המעסה המקצועי הגיע עד לביתי עם מגע שלא הכרתי אשר לא תיארתי שיכול להיות. ממליצה לכל אחד ואחת אשר מעוניינים ב עיסוי רפואי, [b][url=http://israblog.nana10.co.il/blogread.asp?blog=682132]מסאז[/url][/b]' או פינוק מטריף חושים בחגים על Spa-VIP.co.il.
[img]http://spa-vip.co.il/_images/apixel.gif[/img]

[url=http://spa-vip.co.il/#][img]http://spa-vip.co.il/_images/&%231506%3b&%231497%3b&%231505%3b&%231493%3b&%231497%3b-&%231512%3b&%231508%3b&%231493%3b&%231488%3b&%231497%3b.jpg[/img][/url]

16:58

 

Post a Comment

<< Home