A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sweet home

Back in NY!!! I can’t believe I am already here. It’s been almost a month since I left for the Xmas break and I was missing it. I arrived in NY a couple of days ago after a 17 hour trip from Beijing, including a short layover in Chicago. It was a pleasant flight, my first on United Airlines. I was lucky that I had 4 seats for myself so I took some good 7+ hours of sleep. The downside is that I have paying the dues for two days since I am finding it so hard to sleep.

It feels good to be back home. I have really enjoyed my Asian trip but I wanted to come back. I guess I would not have felt this way if I had spent a month somewhere else, say Brazil, but somehow these past weeks have been somewhat stressful, in particular the last one. And I feel like that such perception is mostly due to the language. How frustrating it is to communicate in a completely different language. I can handle English, Spanish, French, Italian or Portuguese to certain extent but when it comes to Chinese it is a different ball game. Frustrating.

Although I have only been in NY for a while I have already had time to organize myself, clean up stuff, do the laundry and some food shopping. I feel settled again. In just one day. Soooooo good!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

¿Sweet home is not Bilbao?

10:50

 

Post a Comment

<< Home