A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Friday, December 14, 2007

Party is back

It’s 443 am and I am just back home. I am glad to see that, after a couple of weeks, I am going out again. Going out as I should have…

I have finished class at 9 pm and then I have headed to Society, a bar close to school where I have had a couple of beers and mingled with people I had not seen for a while. I was quite excited just about going out again.

Around midnight I have left with a bunch of friends for the Meat Packing district where a Brazilian mate was hosting a party. I was not very sure about going up north to 27th St. but I had been assured that we would get in the club. As I suspected, we were not let in. Once again, it reminded me why I usually do not go to the Meat Packing. I feel so comfortable in the LES….

I was about to go home but some friends have persuaded me to go to Pastis – down in 12th St. – for a drink. I was surprised to hear about Pastis because I had just been once there and it was for brunch with my mom. But it was fine, though quiet. A margarita and a “white Russian” (first time I was trying this nice cocktail) and then to Le Souk. Good choice because it was close to home although the mix of tequila, beer and Jagerbomb will definitely come back to visit me tomorrow.

In sum, a great night. Back in the game…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home