A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Thursday, January 17, 2008

After a while, I'm back



How are u all doing? It's been a while since my last post but I have been rather busy with my holidays and stuff. On top of that, I have rather limited inet access since my laptop's adpater has cracked...

Anyway,a lot of stuff has happened since my last post. I am not gonna be able to summarize all in one post, so I will take it little by little. Due to my technology issues, I feel like I will still keep writing about the past weeks in February!

Xmas was a great time. I went back to my city for around ten days. After that I was gonna leave for Hong Kong for a 2-week Stern course. The schedule that I had pretty much planned was a busy one but you never know what may happen.

I arrived in my hometown on Dec 23 with a broken suitcase. Things keep happening between Air France and me and this time the suitcase's wheels were torn apart...awesome. At least this time I did not miss my connection in Roissy, and all the gifts I had bought in NY were still there.

I spent Xmas Eve and Xmas with my family and it was a pretty good time. After that I had the chance to spend a few days in a rather quiet way and to hang out with my buddies. It felt much better than the year before. In particular, the last day was awesome. We had this amazing day! We met early to go to our former high school to play a soccer game (damn, we are getting old!) and then we went for a pre-set lunch, which was followed by lots...and lots of drinks and partying...hey, maybe we are not that old in the end :-) It was the perfect way to say goodbye or, more accurately, see you, since they will be visiting the US for two weeks in Spring!

During those days I also had the chance to meet with some other great friends from Madrid and to talk to many others. It is always great to catch up with the people you care about but it is a little stressful to meet all the "commitments"... sometimes it is not feasible and you have to prioritize and people feel hurt. That sucks.

I even had time to have a few (early) drinks with some girl friends. It was a lot of fun and, as rums and coke were chugged, it reminded me more and more to a Sex and the City episode. It was a lot of fun to get some direct advice with respect to girls from some girls themselves and I also love to hear to their stories. By 7 pm we all were rather tipsy. It was worth it!

New year's was a great time and I spent it in the mountains skiing. It was nice to be back on my skis after two years and to see that I have not forgotten how to do it. I even saw the heaviest snowfall I have seen in years...and it's kinda funny that it was not in NY! I have posted a pic for illustration.

In short, great visit back in my hometown. On Jan 5 I left for Hong Kong. I am still there but I will be leaving soon for Shanghai. I hope that I will catch up with what has been going on in the next post before I leave. That will be the next chapter.

Later

1 Comments:

Blogger Ramón de Mielina said...

¡Mucha envidia de tu viaje!

09:24

 

Post a Comment

<< Home