A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Almost done

Quiet times in the Village, at least for me. I can believe I am almost done for the semester. I just have a couple of papers due next week and the third of the 4 chunks of the MBA will be completed. Hard to believe! I have no final exams this semester and it feels good.

I have been so busy in the last weeks that today I almost don’t know what to do. I have been wandering around my place and watching outside at the first heavy, though short, snowfall. I am not in the mood for writing more papers and stuff. I just want the winter break to start. But before coming back to my country I am gonna have almost an entire week to chill in NY, to do some Xmas shopping and hopefully to catch up with NYC nightlife. I have almost forgotten what it is like. I hardly believe that I am saying so!

I realize that 2008 is just around the corner and I just can’t stop thinking about how important the first months of the new year will be for me. For most MBAs following “traditional” paths in IB and consulting it will be a time for partying and letting go. For those of us seeking an opportunity in non-traditional arenas such as media, VC and others, that period of time will be critical. It’s the time when the limited opportunities are to come up and we need to be on top of them to capture at least one. I am trying not to think too much about it now but it’s hard to do so when you see the graduation date getting closer.

I am going to my second to last class in a few minutes. Later, hopefully some party!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home