A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Friday, December 21, 2007

Mercury Lounge

The semester is definitely over. I have had my very last class today and I have also turned in my last paper. I will be leaving NY in a couple of days but, before doing that, I have gone out to celebrate with a couple of friends. It’s been a quiet night and I was back home a few minutes after midnight.

It’s been a good night. We have headed over to the Mercury Lounge, one of the most famous venues in NY for live music. I had heard about it but I had never been there, though it is roughly 5 minutes away from home. We did not who was playing. WE just felt in the mood for some live music.

After a beer and a not very good opening singer, Jesse Malin has come up to the stage. I had never heard about this guy before but he has turned out to be great. I have really enjoy the gig. A mix of country, folk and pop that has reminded me to the Jayhawks from time to time. His performance was being recorded so I will definitely buy the album when it is released.

A nice a quiet way to bring an end to my 2007 NY nightlife. It’s been a good year, with its ups and downs but pretty fun overall. On my way home I was talking with a friend how weird it feels to realize than in two week time we will be hitting Hong Kong and Beijing and Shanghai after that. Looks promising and I will definitely write about it.

Happy holidays!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude!
Como estás?veo que todo va bien por Stern. Aprovecha, aprovecha, que cuando se acaba el MBA y te pones a currar...joder, se acabó lo bueno!
Feliz año desde BCN
Salva (ESADE-NYU Stern '07)

05:36

 
Blogger Rubeo Boy said...

Feliz año igualmente tio! Que el 2008 te traiga muchos exitos y, un poco de diversion tambien jajaja. Abrazo fuerte!

18:51

 
Blogger 日记 said...

Hello, I am a girl from China, applying for Stern right now and trying to learn more about the school. I may have some time to visit the campus on Feb.
May I have a chance to talk to you?

my email: xulini@gmail.com
skype: xulini428

05:13

 

Post a Comment

<< Home