A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Friday, February 15, 2008

My own happy Valentine's

A great burrito from the Mexican restaurant around the corner and “28 weeks later” on my HDTV. And the first listening to Radiohead’s “In rainbows” album while I write this post before going to bed. By myself. That’s been my Valentine’s night master plan. And I feel pretty good about it.

It is funny because it seems like these kinds of festivities have to be celebrated in a very specific way. In the way merchants tell us to. I never celebrate Valentine’s. I never celebrate mother’s or father’s day. I do not need to wait for such days to buy something for somebody I love. That’s just the way I see it.

Today I have gone for a haircut and the lady who has cut my hair just asked me if I had specific plans for tonight. I said no and explained my theory. She agreed. She also explained to me some theories about why she preferred Hillary to defeat Obama for the benefit of the democrats. At some point later today I was at school filling out a form and when I have unconsciously asked what day it was the girl behind the counter has looked at me in a weird and funny way…just like thinking, “wow, you’ve got a great love life right now, my friend” :-) I can't complain, anyways.

I am rather happy today because it seems like I am doing things right in terms of job search. I have been talking to one of the Stern’s career counselors and she insists that I am on the right track. It is still early for media jobs. I just have to persevere with my networking and the pay offs will come. She was super optimistic. Though I am not that much, I am still confident.

Going to bed now. We are facing NYU Soccer Varsity team tomorrow. A serious test for the old MBA guys. Playing against some kids 10 years younger than I and in a much better shape is a challenge. But we will not be an easy opponent. I hope not, at the very least!!
Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home