A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Crucial and uncertain times

In the little time spent in NY since I arrived from Beijing I have also had time to start sending emails to my network. The crucial months in terms of job search are just around the corner for me. It is gonna be tough to find a spot in some media company but I have to be confident. One thing, however, that keeps surrounding my head is uncertainty. My travel mate and I have long talked during the China trip about our near future and options. I remember the time when I was applying to biz school after quitting my job. I did not know where I was going to be three months down the road. Now it feels the same, or even more uncertain…

The next months will tell me what I will be doing after graduation and where. But if you ask me now about it, I will just tell you: “I have no clue”. It may be business development at a media company, some general management stuff at a start up or private equity. It may be NY, LA, San Francisco…or maybe Madrid or London. When I think about how things may go one way or another I feel a little overwhelmed. I know what I want but I also want to keep my options open. And maybe what I want the most is not feasible and I may then need to go south in my standing. As you can see, challenging times…

Tomorrow I will be having my first day of class of my very last semester at Stern (damn!). I am happy with my course choices this semester. Let’s see if the expectations are met. I will keep you posted

Ciao

1 Comments:

Blogger Ramón de Mielina said...

¡Madrid, Madrid, Madrid, Madrid! :-)

10:49

 

Post a Comment

<< Home