A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Pau

Hi there!

Tuesday night and just a few lines before going to bed. It's been a rather quiet day. I have essentially arranged a short lease of an apartment for some friends visiting NY in a few weeks from now.

Today I have taken a break re: school work. I am mostly done with my readings for my Brand Strategy and Restructuring classes of tomorrow. Today I have just finished my first assignment of the Movie Marketing course, an assignment on Starship Troopers, the largely undervalued Paul Verhoeven's picture from 1997. It seems like the course is gonna be a lot of fun!

But the fun part today has been going to the Izod Center, home of the NJ Nets to see the Lakers beating the Nets (90-105). It was Pau Gasol's debut with the "yellow fever" (i.e. the LA Lakers, as a famous commentator would say). Great game for Pau: 24 points and 12 boards, plus 4 assists and a block. Happy to see him out of the Grizzlies. What a great plan has been going to the game!!

I have always been a huge Laker fan. The reason for that is that I started watching basketball back in the "Showtime" days of Magic (my all-time favorite player), Byron Scott, Worthy and Kareem.

The Lakers were back in the game after a long time when Shaq and Kobe got together. And now it is great to see Pau in a winning team. It will be really hard to make it to the NBA final (can you imagine what a series against the Celtics of Garnett, Allen and Pierce would be? Great re-edition of the 80's games vs Bird & Co) but there is definitely a chance.

Who knows, maybe next year I will have the chance to see Gasol's and Kobe's Lakers at the Staples Center more often than I ever thought. Too early to tellbut there may be an opportunity there...

Until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home