A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Like Rocky Balboa


After 4 months or so, I have gone back to the gym. I can't believe it's been so long. My legs are sore and, after a while I feel like there is something more than a stomach near my waist. Feels good!

It also feels good b/c it's been a promising day. Thanks to my networking I have been contacted by the human resources staff of a big media conglomerate. I may also be interviewing with a digital media start-up later this week. And I have attended a corporate presentation of (and submitted an application for)a small boutique IB that almost exclusively focuses on sports deals.

In both aspects I feel like Rocky at the beginning of his training. Little by little I hope I will finally get in shape: I will be getting the job that I want and I will hopefully be fit again.

I needed to write about this. I am sure that some gloomy days will also be coming. So, let's enjoy at least for a day!

Later

3 Comments:

Blogger Ramón de Mielina said...

again in NYC????? :-) y... cómo ha ido la vuelta?? dura??? :-)
Diego´s to dos: resumen y material gráfico... :-)

08:56

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go on osito, you can do it!
Un abrazo from your home friends. Parry.

13:23

 
Blogger Ramón de Mielina said...

Osito???? jeje. Yo me empezaría a preocupar Peter! :-P

10:45

 

Post a Comment

<< Home