A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Saturday, April 26, 2008

A boost of self confidence

This is not the last shot invented by Jamba Juice to add to your drink. It is about my self confidence and hopes. I wrote last Sunday that the week in front of me was important from a job perspective. Well, now I can tell that it has been much more important than I expected. I had no idea that it was gonna be like that. That good, I mean.

First, after a four back-to-back interviews with the sports league I am in the final round. The interviews went fine and just the day after I got a call, although I had been told that it would take a week or so. I have to come back on Monday afternoon to meet one of the heads of the league who oversees all marketing tasks. The offer may be just around the corner… or may not. But things look promising.

Secondly, last Monday I got a call out of the blue from one of the most respected publishing companies in America. I had applied for a position in the strategic planning group but I did so long after the job posting was published, so I was not very hopeful. Thus, I visited the company on Tuesday and conducted three interviews with the people who work for a group that reports directly to the CEO. Awesome position leading with the company’s strategy (super challenging in these times that are so hard for publishing companies), acquisitions and venture investments in the digital space. I also felt like the interviews went fine and I should know something by the end of next week.

But hold your breath, this is not over. This week I have also been able to line up an interview for a cable network whose shows I have often cited in this blog. And then, I also got an email from the internet company that everybody knows around the world…yes, it is that big one based in the Bay Area.

I still have to pinch myself to believe that things seem to be moving forward. I have no offers yet but it seems like I am on the right track. Who knows, maybe in a couple of weeks I will be celebrating…or maybe working already. It is unbelievable how things can change overnight!

Let’s get ready to party a little bit, it is Saturday night!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHOW MUST GO ON! Parry

03:48

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHOW MUST GO ON! Parry

03:48

 

Post a Comment

<< Home