A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Sunday, March 16, 2008

My last Spring break

It is 239 am and I have to wake up in one hour and 45 minutes. Vegas is looking for me and a bunch of my friends who just arrived from my city. My second and probably last Spring break. Vegas and then a road trip to LA and the Bay Area. I can’t wait, it’s gonna be just awesome.

I am really excited about this trip, not only because two of its destinations have long been awaited. Vegas is a must see, everybody says so. Probably enough for a couple of days but definitely something I won’t see anywhere else. I have been told that SF is just amazing, a great place to live, a place I am gonna fall for, as I did for NY a few years ago. But in addition to that I am happy because I will be spending a decent amount of time with some great friends from my city I have not hung out with for a time. It will be like some trips in the old days.

Speaking of the old days, today I have had a kind of revival of my college years. Two girl friends from my college years arrived in NY yesterday with two friends of theirs. They used to be very beautiful girls pretty much all of us were crazy about at some point… they still are, certainly. I had not seen one of them for maybe 5 years. It’s amazing how our lives have changed since then, though we all still feel young and unwilling to take on responsibilities. On the other hand, we have talked about the large number of our college class mates who have moved some steps forward in the personal arena, either by getting married or by having kids and so forth. We still think more about going out, randomly hooking up with somebody or about why we keep jumping from one relationship to the next. Although a long time has elapsed since the college times, I have felt like if it had been yesterday. The vibe has been great, and I have loved that.

One hour and 20 minutes wake up. It is gonna be painful…Until next time!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

si te haces millonario llámame! :-P

06:56

 

Post a Comment

<< Home