A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Friday, April 04, 2008

Easy Friday

It is 520 pm on this Friday. It is a rather uncommon time for me to write. I have just come back from a corporate visit to HBO. It has been very entertaining. It seems like a great company to work for. Smart people, great vibe. I could tell that people really love what they do there. It is not frequent to see people in the same company for 20+ years. At HBO, it is a common thing.

This weekend I am gonna focus on job search almost exclusively. I have been able to pretty much clean up my schedule in terms of school work - why the heck am I working this much on my last semester? I feel a little dumb – and it is time for me to catch up with my #1 priority. Due to spring break, friends’ visits and heavy workload I have fallen a little behind. It should not be a big issue, though, since the media recruiting has just kicked off. Hopefully by Sunday night I will have been able to send my resume to some interesting openings. We’ll see.

This week I have discussed with some friends some of the intricacies and mysteries of the OPT for international students. What a pain in the ass. I wish somebody at Stern (or at any other US business school I did apply to) had told me how difficult it is for a foreigner to get a job in the US after graduation. It is great for all schools to have a never ending list of companies that recruit…but at asterisk next to the ones that do not recruit internationals in the US would be advisable.
Anyway, I am off to “Follies”, the yearly talent show where Sternies show their acting abilities. Should be fun.

Have a good one

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ánimo chaval!! Todavía queda mucho... y algo caerá, no? :P

Menudo final de temporada en Formi... apoteósicoooooooo!!

Agur

15:50

 
Blogger Rubeo Boy said...

Go Powder, go!

10:39

 

Post a Comment

<< Home