A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Bad day

I had already said that these days would come along. I am down today. I am injured after the Austin, TX, MBA soccer cup, I am tired and I feel a little worried and depressed with my job search.

Last week I met with one of the career counselors at Stern. I seem to be doing everything right in terms of my homework (networking, looking, etc) and apparently it is still early for media recruiting purposes. I believed her since she knows the shit much better than I do. But weeks go by and I don’t hear back from the companies I apply.

I was feeling ok with that until today. I was talking to a girl from school who is committed to the media search too. She has got nothing yet either, but she is interviewing. She was in L.A. last week, she has told me about another girl who lined up 5 interviews for next week. In the meantime, I do not even have a first round.

Last week I could confirm that some big media companies are not recruiting b/c of economic uncertainty. Today, a professor that teaches us a film course has told us some “realities” about the industry and some life lessons that one is not usually told at biz school. The gloomy ones. It’s been really useful and eye-opening.

In a nutshell, today I am feeling like it is really cold out there. It’s less than three months until graduation. Things have not changed much since my last “happy day” but today I kind of look in a different way.

Well, I just needed to write about it.
Later

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi osito!

Don´t get upset, just be patient and you will get the desired job. It's true we are in an uncertain economic enviroment but feel confident, believe in yourselfa and keep interviewing. Nobody will stop you then!

Un abrazo. Parry.

05:02

 
Blogger Ramón de Mielina said...

Eyyyyyyyy... Pero si no te cogen a ti que eres un crack a quién van a coger?????? Diles que me llamen, que yo les cuento! :-)

Peter sonreiría siempre.

:-)

04:46

 

Post a Comment

<< Home