A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A day to remember

It’s already Wednesday. 1 am. Today it’s been a key day, one of the most important ones since I arrived in NY.

First, we have had our first big snowfall. Well, it has not been exactly big but it’s been snowing quite a lot for an hour or so and the streets have gone slippery and white. It had already slightly snowed some other days but today I have felt like the very big snowfall is a little closer.

Second, I love Sex and the City. When I used to watch it with my flat mates back in my country on those great Sunday evenings I never thought that I would “learn” so much. It has been so much fun to go out for dinner with a girl and comment on the show… and get personalities’ definitions in terms of Sex and the City’s characters: she claims to be somewhere between Carrie and Charlotte and I am supposed to be somewhere Big and Aidan (she said I was a little bit like Aidan but I pointed out that some of my fears definitely stem from Big, no doubt about it). So much fun!

Thirdly, and more importantly, I can say – only subject to very final confirmation next week – that I have secured an offer for my summer internship. I am excited…and relieved. The rejections suffered so far may pay off. I will hopefully join a big media conglomerate (won’t say the name but did I tell you how much I dislike MICE.... until today?). I will hopefully be joining the business development division, which is exactly what I was looking for to have the big picture of the industry and some of its businesses. The slight flaw is that I will be returning to my country. I was more keen on remaining in the US for the summer but the opportunity is so good that I don’t mind coming back for three months. I am sure that I will be able to leverage on it after the summer and it will provide me with a great experience.

Well, going to bed now. Tomorrow will be a long day and I definitely need some sleep since I haven’t recovered yet from the weekend. In the meanwhile, white snow flakes keep falling outside….

Ciao

1 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

Congratulations on the summer internship~ and the snow~~ Glad to see you're going in the direction to your goal, not lured by some banks on the midway=P

01:56

 

Post a Comment

<< Home