A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Last efforts

Hi there! It’s been around a week without much time to do anything, and that includes post writing. Hectic days at Stern for first years, rushing from one place to another, trying to find time to study for the last exams before leaving for the Christmas break. I guess that’s the best summary for this past week.

The week has not been that bad at school, though. My accounting exam was slightly better than expected and I think I did better than in the midterm (it was not to difficult to do so…) and the stats exam was just ok…only if I don’t take into account that I submitted it to the wrong email address (it was an exam on the labtop) when I finished and that I only noticed it around seven hours later when I checked my email and realized about a bounced back email….damn!!! Fortunately, I think it won’t be an issue in the end…

Tomorrow is my very last first term exam, the finance exam: options, yield curves, swaps…. I can’t take much of anything anymore. I just need to chill out a little bit. On Friday I went out with a girl that I met a couple of weeks ago and I found myself “desperately” asking for a drink!!! A shot of my dear Jackie played his part. It sounds like Nicholas Cage in Leaving Las Vegas, I know, but it was just one in my case…well, just two, actually.

However, the curious thing about this week has been the physical part. I “had to” do some physical work: moving. Hell, it was tough. My calves still sore…It’s been definitely too long since my last visit to the gym. On Friday evening, before becoming aware of the stats issue and before begging for a drink, my two flat mates and me pushed three carts full of books, clothes, tv’s and some other stuff for 15 blocks and then took all the stuff up to our new place. Then we also had to move two beds and a couch from a guy’s place into a van and then into our apartment. What you don’t know is that our new apartment is located on the third floor of a building without elevator. Do you guys know how much a 3-place couch weighs? Probably you don’t but I can tell you that quite a lot….just try to move the one at your place and then just think about taking it to your neighbor’s place three floors up…The best thing is that we’re done with the worst part of the moving and only some minor stuff is waiting to be moved.

Time to go to bed. I can’t believe that I’m only a few hours away from the finish line….
Ciao

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bona sort!

06:02

 

Post a Comment

<< Home