A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Friday, January 26, 2007

Welcome back to reality

It’s 313 am and I just got back home. Yeap, it’s been the first Stern “official” party. Beer blast as every other Thursday and then bar blast at a cool place in the Lower East Side. Holidays are over and after listening to lots of stories from so many people, by looking at people’s attitudes you may say that most of them are happy to come back to NY.

I didn’t know what music to play for this post. In the end I have chosen Alchemy by Dire Straits. It’s been ages since I listened to this record for the last time…

As I said before, people were kind of looking forward to this party and that necessarily translates into lots of drinks and flirting…or teasing… or whatever…It’s nice to hang around with your buddies again. It’s nice to talk to people about their holidays and stuff. And it’s also funny to see that you don’t remember some nice chicks from the MBA and that the chicks that you used to like keep playing the same kinds of games in the new year. I ain’t talking just about myself, it’ something general: flirting, dancing, teasing… and then somebody else shows up. SOme things will never change.

I have decided to come back home walking from the party. It’s getting freezing cold in here and now it’s around -12 degrees Celsius although the windchill makes it feel like even colder. I prefer not to think about it since in around 7 hours our first winter soccer practice will be taking place.

The first week has been nice. The courses I am taking look pretty good and it looks like it may a good term. In addition, the media industry seems to start waking up and some opportunities have already arisen. I may have an opportunity back in my country with a big studio. Returning to my country was not my main priority (at all!) but if this opportunity turns into an offer for the summer it would be too good to reject it…. We’ll see.

Going to sleep now. I’ll keep you posted

Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home