A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Cold

Winter is getting closer. It is cold outside and everybody says this is just the top of the iceberg, it will get much colder. Damn, I still have to buy a proper winter coat. I am definitely gonna need it soon. The forecast is that tomorrow morning we may have the first snowfall, although it would be a light one. I’m kind of excited about my first snowfall in NYC ever. People also tell me that I will be fed up with it very quickly…

Sunday evening and once I am done with the blog I will start studying for my tomorrow’s Firms & Markets final exam. It will the first final and it’s not supposed to be a very tough one. I hope so b/c with the hangover that I have from yesterday’s night it is gonna be tough to keep my eyes open.

Today is a big day b/c I can say aloud that I have an apartment. We have signed the lease agreement earlier today and we will be moving there in January. Alphabet City in the East Village, cool! The landlord has allowed, though, to take our stuff and furniture before coming back home for Christmas. It is awesome, once I come back to NYC after holidays I will have my own place!!!!

It’s been a nice weekend. Thursday I did not sleep at my place…, Friday, after visiting CNNmoney and talking to some of its people, I stayed in to work hard on Saturday on my Strategy final take home exam (I have already turned it in – it’s the only course where I may get an A…fingers crossed), yesterday night one birthday party in the Upper East Side and then all the way down and farther east to Brooklyn, for another birthday party. I arrived to the second one pretty late and most of the people were gone (great advertising from my friend running the party!) but I had a good time with beer, nice music and some “freestyle”. It was the first time I saw it live and it was really good fun. It’s amazing how some guys can improvise rimes on the spot. Then (well, after 45 minutes waiting for, and then riding on, the subway) back to Manhattan to take some sleep.
The only bad thing about this weekend is that I have finally realized that I have gained some kg. Just a couple of them or so..this is the price you pay for eating pizza, burgers and crappy food...

The week ahead is gonna be pretty intense. The other finals are getting closer and I have been lucky enough to set up a couple of informationals (at a big Japanese media conglomerate and at one of the biggest sports representation and events firm) and a job interview for a spring internship at one of the American professional sport leagues. Knock on wood!!! I’ll keep you posted.

My feet are getting cold. Should I study in bed? Sounds appealing but not a brilliant idea, I guess… I would fall asleep even before opening my notes. Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home