A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Lack of inspiration

Damn, it’s been two weeks since my last post. I hadn’t noticed that it had been so long. Time is really flying this semester, in every sense. February is almost over and in just a little bit more than two months my first year at Stern will be over too. I guess that the reason why time flies is because I’m having a particular good time this semester. I’m enjoying the courses and my leisure time. But with so many good stuff going on I haven’t been very willing to write. I am not inspired at all.

I was about to go to bed and I have decided to write a post, just not to lose the habit although there is not much to tell. Today I have had a CorpFin quiz. It only accounted for 10% of the final grade but it’s not been that good. I thought I was gonna do better but I missed a couple of easy questions in a pretty stupid way.

One interesting thing that happened last week was our visit to the Metropolitan Opera as part of our marketing class. We spent the whole day there, attended a short rehearsal and had the chance to talk to the management. It was a good experience and tomorrow I’m meeting with my group to prepare the write up that is due next week concerning the Met’s marketing strategy to re-launch it among a younger audience.

As regards my summer internship it keeps moving forward. Slowly but forward. The employer has already got clearance about me (hell, it’s amazing that sign off is needed – credit check, criminal history, etc – following a report issued by a specialized agency) and now I’m just waiting for the offer in writing. It shouldn’t take too long…. Once I get it I will have to buy dinner to my closest friends from school. We have kind of institutionalize it and it will be my turn. We celebrated last Sunday a friend’s summer internship at a Portuguese restaurant with bacalhao a bras and vinho verde!!

On Friday I will be off for Austin, Texas, with the school’s soccer team. It will be our third tournament of the year. Let’s see if we are able to get the trophy this time. I promise a post about the trip.

Going to bed now. It’s late and I am tired. Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home