A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Monday, March 26, 2007

Real life…even in NY

It’s been a month since my last post. With Spring break, hectic pre and post activity and some catching up after the break, it’s been impossible to write. I am back, though, and I will try to be a little bit more productive in the following weeks.

A nice story to start. Friends, Jack & Jill, Sex & the City…and so many others shows and movies about friendship and relationships in NY. I have always loved them and, since I arrived in NY last August I have often felt like I am a character of one of them. The funny part is that, in most of them, the guy always gets the girl. However, real life in NY is not necessarily like that. And I can say so based on experience, recent experience...

As I was telling my mom today, it is a common thing that the girls that don’t interest you are interested in you and, unfortunately, the other way around also happens. Beautiful setup, location, moment …action! But in the end you realize that when the take is over, you cannot send it to printing b/c it didn’t work out well. And there is no second take in real life. In any case, one always learns – I hope – from past performances.

Going to bed now. Tomorrow I gotta wake up early to try to catch up a little bit with Damodaran. I have done a shitload of work this weekend I haven’t paid my Spring break dues yet. Hopefully, by this time next week I will be better off.

Btw, tomorrow one of my favorite bands, Snow Patrol, plays at the Madison. Hopefully I will be able to buy a ticket tomorrow. Perfect band for my first gig in the Big Apple.

Ciao

1 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

As Mr. Donald Trump said, life is a bitch... Cheer up, you'll get ur action sooner or later.

I'm a big fan of Snow Patrol too! Save me a seat, will you? haha~

02:35

 

Post a Comment

<< Home