A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Back to real world

Back to real world. That may be the expression that summarizes best how one feels when he has to come back to work - even if it is roughly for a 3-month internship - and temporarily forget about his still very recent MBA days.

Furthermore, most of the times, there is a need for MBAs to do things well enough to be offered a full time position after graduation. That's not gonna be case since the media industry does not work as the banking and consulting ones do. However, making a good impression to try to leverage upon it in the coming months is still key.

I am back to the country and city where I lived for almost 4 years before joining Stern. I am living with the friends I used to live not many months ago. Life seems to be pretty much the same right now - much less stressful, though - but I can't help feeling different. I guess my head is somehow in NY and I am aware that this stage will be temporal and rather sooner than later I will be back in NY to play the very final hand. I hope that my summer experience will help me in getting good cards. The jackpot? The full-time job that I will eventually decide to pursue.

I have only worked for 10 days so far and the first impressions are good. People have welcomed me in a great way and the work looks interesting. However, I am gonna wait for a while to lay down any conclusion. These months will be of utmost importance for me in shaping my near future or, at least, in leading me in one way or another. As I said before, I need some more time.

Time to sleep now. Tomorrow I have to wake up early....to work!!

Ciao

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to your real life!

04:56

 

Post a Comment

<< Home