A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Monday, July 02, 2007

A brand new feeling

It’s a curious thing how many long hours I used to work before the MBA at the law firm. June and July were really awful months were deals had to be closed one after another and that resulted in coming back home long after dusk on a day by day basis. I remember myself looking at many of my friends with envy as they finished their daily schedule by 3pm and left for the pool or their naps. It’s a common thing across the industry in my country but really unusual in the services world.

A year and a half later I may say that I have enjoyed my very first day like that ever. Today I was done by 3 pm. Awesome!! It's not just me - for the sake of clarity hahaha - but every employee at the company. I can’t believe how many things I’m gonna be able to do in the next month until my summer internship is over. I’m even gonna have time to get bored. Can you believe that? I still can’t.

As I have said, today I’ve left the office at 3. However, today I’ve had a busy evening since the company’s annual tennis-paddle tournament has taken place. I’ve reached the men’s final playing with a buddy of mine. Not too bad for the new kid in town. I think I will get a prize and a trophy!! And tomorrow it will be time for the second tournament but this time I will be playing with a chick from work. It’ll be a lot of fun for sure!

The summer keeps going by. It does so extremely fast although there are moments where I don’t realize. I’ll be done in a month and in 7 weeks I will be coming back to NY. I am enjoying my work, London, Barcelona or a weekend in the countryside with some friends, funny stories here and there…I have even had time to turn the very final page of an unfinished love story… A lot of stuff in just 5 weeks. Let’s keep it up!

Ciao

2 Comments:

Blogger Ramón de Mielina said...

Aprovecha, luego echarás de menos esto, lo mismo que al volver a España habrás echado de menos NY...

05:06

 
Blogger Unknown said...

What a great intern experience! I bet those IB guys will envy you :P

10:31

 

Post a Comment

<< Home