A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Up in the sky

I am several thousands feet above the sea level. It is the very first time I am using a computer in an aircraft. It sems like in the last 10 days I have evolved several hundred years from a tech standpoint. Damn, Thievery Corporation in my ears, some blogging, maybe a little bit of Jack Bauer after this. When you have 6 hours before hitting the Bay Area you can a lot of things if you have the right tools!

I am a little bit tired since I have only slept five hours today. Yesterday I had dinner with some school friends in Soho and after that we bounced to Pravda and then Stanton Social in the LES. It was a fun night, full of margaritas on the rocks, actually. I have been jittery and hangovered all day and I have even lost the $15 train ticket from Penn Station to Newark, so I have had to buy an extra one. I hate coming to Newark, it is a pain in the ass…

I have not still assumed that I now have a real oportunity to stay in New York, which is something I have been working on for two years. Yesterday I ran into a couple of friends who are still looking and I was talking as if I had nothing. At some point one of them told me “dude, you have one offer already”. I’ve been for so long in the dark side that I am not very conscious yet about my new “status”.

Anyways, I am heading back to San Francisco again, after a couple of months. It is gonna be my second time in the city after last Spring Break trip. You all know the reason for this trip (if you don’t remember, check the posts from Spring Break!). I am somewhat surprised about my being on this plane right now. I have never done these kinds of things but, what the hell, I have said to myself, carpe diem. There is nothing to lose, right? Should be fun and, if it is not… well, I guess that’s life, then!

This coming week is gonna be critical, I believe. I am gonna have to pretty much decide what the future brings to me in the short term. It will definitely be my choice but I just hope that those companies I am waiting final responses from will be coming back to me so I have all the elements to decide.

I am gonna switch now to 24. I have been willing to watch from episode 17 onwards of the 6th season for months (my older laptop was too slow to play the episodes I purchased!) so now is the time. Is you and me now, Jack!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Blogger your share vary well information with us. Please Start your blog one's again. Looking for Management Study kindly visit Managementparadise.com where you can find all MBA, Online MBA, B-school stuff.

04:56

 

Post a Comment

<< Home