A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Friday, May 16, 2008

I'm a masters

It’s over two years are finally gone. It happened yesterday, at the Radio City Music Hall. 400+ full-time colleagues and a bunch of part timers – as well as our families – got together to celebrate the graduation of the Stern’s Class of 2008. It was a perfect venue and a not-so-perfect commencement ceremony (I can’t believe that we did not throw our caps in the air at the very end… what about all those American movies!?) that included a speech (mostly about the current credit crunch???????) by Bank of America’s CEO.

But it will always be an unforgettable day to me. Seeing how my dad’s face filled with pride and joy, having a bottle of champagne with my folks after the ceremony, taking dozens of pics with my classmates… standing up there over-viewing all the crowd right before shaking the dean’s hand as my name was aired through the speakers. Two years are gone. End of the story, end of one of the most amazing chapters of my life.

It’s been around three years since I started the whole process of coming to business school, it was the spring of 2005. GMAT, TOEFL, applications, letters, the stress of not knowing what was gonna happen…what a pain. It seems like it’s been 10 years since then! But now I look back and I could not be happier. It’s been the best thing I’ve done in my entire life, an amazing experience and I will do the same thing again if I was standing in my own shoes three years ago.

I have had an amazing time, I have made great friends, I have learnt quite a lot, I have made true that dream of mine from 6 years ago (that first visit to the Big Apple) of living in the best city of the world, I have traveled around the US and abroad, I have made great connections…and I have definitely build the foundations to allow myself a career change outside of the law ring, which was the primary reason to start this adventure. It has not materialized yet but I am confident that it may happen in the next couple of weeks…

Time to finish this morning post. I have my folks in town and it is time to go for a walk in this rainy day in my beloved NY.
Later

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats captain!!

17:42

 
Blogger Unconventional Applicant said...

Congratulations!

20:43

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Por fin osito, un sueño convertido en realidad, ya sabes la máxima "el que la sigue la consigue"...estás hecho todo un hombre, ahora a rematar con un buen curro y a seguir viviendo el sueño americano.

Parry.

10:23

 

Post a Comment

<< Home