A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Friday, November 17, 2006

Back in NY

It’s been a little bit more time than expected since the last post. I’d have loved to write a little earlier, still from Cali, but I had no time and I am writing, as it’s becoming usual in NY, once I have arrived at my place after partying a little bit. It’s almost 3 am and I’ve been at the birthday party of two friends in Meatpacking. The place was good, full of Sternies –mainly second years – with few people from “outside”. I have had the chance to meet a girl that reminded me a lot of Carrie Bradshaw. Yes, the real New Yorker thing…although she was from San Diego. She’s given me her phone number but, you know, that doesn’t necessarily mean anything in NY. The funny thing is that the situation has transported me for a few minutes to a Sex and the City episode. And now that I write about it I recall those Sundays with my buddies before coming to the US where, after having partied hard both on Friday and Saturday night, we devoted the whole day to watch Sex and the City episodes one after another with certain green, stimulant and relaxing stuff running through our veins.

The week has been tough, mainly b/c I have been tired most of the time. I arrived back in NY from LA on Monday at 6 am after a red-eye flight.

The trip to LA was great, by the way. Although Stern was not able to win the UCLA tournament we had a great time. The environment within the team was great, we had fun, we laughed at each other, we went out for dinner, we went out for drinks and I even had time to have a crush on a Massachusetts girl…just temporarily! On my way back, my pace was completely changed and until today I have not feel good at all.

Another week has gone by and the final exams are only a month away. However, thanksgiving break is just a few days far. I wanted to go on a trip but in the end I have decided to stay in NY to try to enjoy the city a little bit in the daylight, not just going out. I have been here for a few months and I have not had the chance yet to stroll around Central Park or to have a quiet walk around the Upper East Side or Soho. And it’s this kind of stuff what I want the most right now.

I am going to bed now. Fortunately tomorrow I have no events or presentations to attend so I will try to catch up a little bit with accounting and stats. I really need to do so.

Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home