A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Quiet

The city is quiet. I have bought a sausage slice at the Bagel Café on 3rd and St. Marks and I have just enjoyed the silence as I was coming back home. It is true that it is almost 4 am but the East Side streets, otherwise vibrating throughout the year, are quiet. It is crystal clear that Thanksgiving is just a few days ahead of us and that many people have left the Big Apple to spend some time with their families.

I am staying, though, and I am sure I will have a great time with my friends. Last year we went to a restaurant in Greenwich Village, near Bleecker St., and it was a nice first-time-ever Thanksgiving dinner, but this year I am in the mood for something more personal. We will buy a cooked turkey, stuffing and everything else at Whole Foods, Fresh Direct or whatever, and we will enjoy at home with some people. Feels better.

It is funny to see how significant dates such as Halloween or Thanksgiving, which did not mean anything at all a few months ago, have now become part of my life. I do not really need to celebrate them but I feel like doing so. I want to.

Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home