A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanking

Today is Thanksgiving. One of the most famous days in the American calendar, I dare say. Thanksgiving, 4th of July, Halloween…those days that are just (or mostly) celebrated in the US. It is a weird feeling to walk in the street at 11 am and see the majority of the stores closed. Only the delis (I have bought an large iced coffee), Dunkin Donuts (I have bought a pumpkin muffin) and the kind are open. This only happens a couple of times a year in NY.

I was taking a look a few minutes ago at “A VC” one of the venture capital blogs I usually read. On today’s post, Fred Wilson, the blog’s writer, essentially thanks for what he has. And I feel like doing the same.

I have to thank for the amazing one and a half year that I have spent in NY so far, for the opportunity of living a once-in-a-lifetime experience that may (or may not, depending on what the next months bring) change my life forever.

I have to thank my parents for supporting my decision of quitting my job and coming to the US for my MBA, for making this opportunity possible and for believing in what I am trying to accomplish.

I have to thank my friends in my country for being there and keeping me posted on whatever happens 5,000 miles away from NY, so I don’t forget where I come from, where I truly belong to and where I will most likely settle in the long-term.

I have to thank my NY friends because all this would not be the same without them.

And I have to thank NY, the city that inspires these memories and that I am still in love with.

Happy Thanksgiving.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lo mismo para tí, te mandaremos unos recuerdos mñn desde la comida de cumpleaños.

Agur
Juan

09:47

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rubeo Boy,
Where in Italy are you from? I used to live in Perugia. I was born in NYC but now I live in Cali. My name is Rocco Rubeo. Hit me up at ltsrubeousmc@aol.com

Rocco

23:07

 
Blogger Rubeo Boy said...

Hey there! Sorry to say that I am not from Italy hahaha. I am actually from Spain and Rubeo is just a nickname! A hell of a story hahaha
Later.

00:12

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No te hagas muy americano... :-)

09:16

 

Post a Comment

<< Home