A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Friday, July 27, 2007

"Mom doesn't know"

It had been a pretty long time since I last partied in the city where I'm spending the summer...where I used to party a lot for nearly four years. I have come back for the summer but I haven't stayed long; a trip here and there, coming back home and so forth... it's funny to see how the almost first night out may become a farewell. And it's also kinda sad.

I'm willing to come back to NY in a month. But that doesn't mean that I ain't happy here and that, once again, I will be sad when closing time comes.

I was talking to one of my best friends tonight, after three drinks or so. It's been our last night out since he's going on holiday with his girlfriend and I won't see him again until I eventually come back from the US next year. Some thorough thoughts have come through, alcohol and farewells have always been a proper mix for that purpose.

There's no doubt that the scenario is changed. We have started talking about old stories, about how we met and about how he became one of my roommates. It seems ages since then... although it wasn't that long ago. To me, everything looks different from a year ago, maybe b/c I haven't lived the day-to-day life in here and have just seen the changes. Most of my very best friends are now going out seriously with their girlfriends, getting married or they are not just that much in the mood for partying every single night. As I said, things are changing, or they have already changed.

I don't feel bad about it. Needless to say, I am so happy for them. I feel that I'm playing a different ball game although it would be stupid to think that such changes do not affect me at all. As I said in the previous post, twenty ten is a serious age....

Abyway, I have told my friend that I will be waiting for his arrival - with his girlfriend or by himself - in NY. Things may change but some things, the most important ones, always remain.

Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home