A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Some extra effort

It is 125 am already and I have just arrived from school. Yes, usually I should be writing about some nice party but I have just arrived from another “competitive strategy in the marketplace" meeting… my group will present our case next Tuesday and I will hopefully then get my life back!

It has been a tough day. I have gone to work and I have almost finished the presentation on consumer electronics manufacturers that I have to prepare for my bosses. I will have to come back to work on Friday morning for a meeting to go through it. I hope it will go well.

After work and before the meeting we have had a great media event at school. The Media and Sports Association has done a great job and we have had a bunch of companies visiting. I have had the chance to talk to people from Starz, Madison Square Garden, Google or Comcast. I will follow up to see what comes next… In the end Joost did not show up but I may have a way to contact them…we’ll see. I wish I had more events like this more often…although I still hate all the networking thing.

I am gonna go to bed now. I just want to apologize to all the people to whom I owe an email. I promise that I will be back starting next Wednesday…I swear!

And before finishing, let me recommend you all Athlete’s last record called “Beyond the Neighborhood”. Tracks like “Tokyo” or “Second Hand Stores” are just great….and to celebrate the release I will be attending the concert they will be giving tomorrow at a venue near the Meat Packing. I deserve it!!

Until next time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi "osito". I see you are not geting bored in NYC. I feel like going to that Athletes's concert you mention but I think I should wait untill they come to Madrid.

I started my Events Master and am very happy, nice girls, good teachers and a events world open under my feet. It's scaring!...I`ll keep you posted... and as a highlight: Gonzalo leaves his work and finally returns to his lovely hometown by year end at a strategic advisory services company (the same subject you are running away at your school...je,je)

Un abrazo. Parry

05:41

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how how how... menos mal que las navidades están a la vuelta de la esquina y podrás hacer un parón... :-) aunque este año se te van a acabar pronto las vacaciones no??? ;-) bss sex simbol!! :-)

06:36

 

Post a Comment

<< Home