A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving

Corn and shrimp soup, turkey and its stuffing, apple pie…damn, I am so full right now that I cannot sleep. Maybe typing some words will help me out a little bit. I have just celebrated my first Thanksgiving. Nothing special to be mentioned, though. I have just gone out for dinner with a couple of friends to a place down in Bleecker St. The food was great and although none of us was particularly hungry it was kind of mandatory to have the traditional Thanksgiving dinner.

The city has been really quiet all day and still remains so. A lot of people are out of town, most of the stores, shops and restaurants are closed and, in addition to that, it’s been raining all day. New York is not New York today. It’s a little bit of a ghost city. It has reminded me a lot of New Year’s day three years ago when I came over for Christmas holidays with two friends. It was my very first time in New York and, after the craziness of the previous days, walking around the empty pavements of Broadway and 5th Avenue on January 1st morning felt weird.

No party tonight. Time to take some rest. I will appreciate it tomorrow since I am planning to go shopping to Soho and the Village to take advantage of the so called Black Friday. Apparently I may be able to find good deals… I went out yesterday and it was a great night out. Following a tasty dinner – which included 3 bottles of red wine for the 7 of us and that’s why by the time we left the place I was pretty tipsy – at an Argentinean restaurant located in the Lower East Side (I must highlight that for the first time in weeks we had a majority of girls – good fun and pretty ones, actually – in the group) we headed to the East Village where beers, tequila shots and spirits helped us to stick around until around 4 am. Very good fun, a little flirting among everybody and unfinished stories (i.e. do not know their end by now)…There were suggestions for an after party but that will be next time. Anyway, we will be resuming our night out schedule tomorrow and also on Saturday. It’s easy to predict already: I will be trashed on Monday, as usual.

The turkey and the apple pie are not complaining that much now so I guess it’s time to go to bed. Ah, Thanksgiving…. Ciao

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, You are having way too much fun. I can't wait to start a NY B_school.

08:31

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope u won't come back in Christmas disguised as a pilgrim or whatever USRuboy!
Anyway, it's been good fun your story about the bouncer. You should have sent the rest of the people back home to have their sneakers changed as you did 15 years ago or so, with Ruffli and his "americana" at "La factoria" ji, ji
Enjoy, enjoy...
Andrito

09:34

 

Post a Comment

<< Home