A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Sunday, September 23, 2007

And then I saw the (dim) light…

Crazy and tiring w/e. Maybe it’s just been a way to celebrate that I seem to have things a little clearer…

Weird Thursday night that ended early in the morning in Fort Green, Brooklyn, with a toast to Thailand…Intense Friday with a party at an awesome rooftop in the West Village and some extra drinks at the LES’ Rivington Hotel (where I saw one of the most beautiful waitresses I have ever seen...). Quiet Saturday in and a not-so-tasty brunch on Sunday in the East Village.

But the most important thing this week is that dim light that has started to roughly shine at the end of the tunnel. I have finally made up my mind about my short-run career track. Goodbye to the big dollars and the certainty. Goodbye to banks and consulting firms. Let’s make it even more difficult! Let’s take some extra risks! To be honest, I can hardly believe that I am having the guts to do so…

It was a big step to turn my life upside down and come to NY. I did it for a reason: to change. And that is exactly what I am gonna do… well, what I am gonna try to do. I feel relieved now that I have come to a decision. Yes, relief is what I definitely feel the most right now. There is no need to think about alternative paths anymore.

The decision has been taken and now it is time to start walking that path…I need to be calmed, to be aware that it won’t be easy and that there will likely be some times when things will look disappointing and gloomy. Success is not guaranteed but I will be definitely working to the bone to bring that success a little closer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what kind of champagne do they drink in Thailand?
- Mystery

14:12

 

Post a Comment

<< Home