A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Time Out



I have finally been able to re-hook up my awesome speakers and subwoofer with my labtop and the warm and rhythmic music by the Brazilian band Tribalistas inspires this Tuesday night. Check out below one of my favorite songs, Velha infancia.


I have been flipping some Time Out magazines today. It’s my only subscription in the US. Time Out New York (or TONY, as it is usually named). Time Outs for another cities such as London, Barcelona or Dubai are issued. Check them out online @ http://www.timeout.com/ if you are planning a trip!

TONY is issued on a weekly basis and, thus, I have found 15 different magazines upon my arrival in NY. Far too much information all of a sudden. I am aware that a lot of the stuff in those past issues is now worth nothing. However, at the same time, I feel like I will be giving away a lot of interesting stuff if I did not skim through them.

For instance, today I have known about the Film Forum, only a few blocks away down in Houston St. I can believe that I had not known about it before. It’s about indie films, from both nowadays and past times. A few weeks ago Manhattan by Woody Allen was shown…I’d have loved watching it again in NY! The idea of having a two-movie session some random evening in the very heart of the Village won’t vanish until I go for it. Fortunately, I won’t have to wait until the next summer since movies are shown all year round.

Tomorrow I have decided that I am gonna enjoy the city, as another tourist. It’s something I have not done much (if not at all) since I first arrived. Take the ipod and visit some nice places. Take a book a lay somewhere to enjoy the NY summer. It sounds good, doesn’t it?

Ciao

1 Comments:

Blogger Ciudadano said...

como vives...

07:41

 

Post a Comment

<< Home