A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sicily, Japan, the Bay Area, Ireland

It’s 4 am and I am just back home. I did not expect to party too much tonight but things have changed over time. The night has started like shit when two friends and I have not been let in Le Souk, probably the hottest venue in NY on Mondays, which is just two blocks away from my place. Remember it’s fashion week and stuff, which just made it even more disappointing… I have been about to go home but one of my friends has persuaded me to keep going and, although I was rather reluctant, the night has paid off….

We have headed to the LES and have gone into this bar called Pianos, which has not traditionally been awesome… but today there was some karaoke upstairs! I have been about to sing La Bamba but I haven’t done so in the end. My friend was kind of crazy about the British bartender but he’s not been lucky enough… We have met some nice girls, though, but we were not very optimistic…

After that we have decided to go for a last drink to this place called “Darkroom” (don’t take the name too seriously….I was also scared about the shady name…but in the end it has proven good…and straight!).
We have seen a couple of girls that we had met at Pianos and I just can say that, from now on, I will love even more Disco 2000 by Pulp (I had never sung it that loud and enthusiastically) and the cities and countries in the headline, with which I have felt some kind of connection. Btw, for my records, I must remember that I do love going to the movies…God, damn good Monday night!

I’ll be waking up in 5 hours so I’d better get some sleep….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home