A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Friday, August 31, 2007

New season: first night out

First night out of the new year in NY. I am a little tipsy although it’s only 1:18 am. I haven’t had much for dinner and after three beers and two jackies&coke I am just ready to go to bed…just to get some sleep. The so called “Little Apple” Spaniard singer (inspired my in-love friend “The Chicken”) will stay with me while I write this post.

The night has been quiet but fun. First I have gone to visit some friends’ new apartment in Gramercy. The place is awesome and it has extraordinary views of the Metlife and Chrysler buildings. These guys can even see the view from their beds, so there is no need for them to talk about the moonlight… no excuses this year…

Then I have headed south to meet with a French friend of mine who has been around for a month or so for a training course with the bank he works for. The meeting point was a pretty good venue, next to the place where I used to live during my first months in NY. As I was approaching the door the bouncer has asked me if I was coming for any specific party (I hate bouncers so much…what the fuck, I was just coming to have some fun, regardless the “party”!!) and I have told him that I was “with the JP Morgan guys”. Obviously, he has let me in. It was true but it’s ridiculous the way it works.

The talent was not bad at all inside. However, it was just my first night out and I was not in the mood for much. I just wanted to hang around with my friend and have a “quiet” drink. It’s kinda funny to see how the guys that rule the markets get wasted…everybody does, right?

I have come back home walking. It’s still early and most of the places in Alphabet City are still packed. But a long weekend lies ahead of me so I’d better get some rest. This is just the beginning…once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home