A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Monday, September 24, 2007

Facebook

And I finally signed up for Facebook.

I had obviously heard about this social application in the past. In the last weeks, in particular since I started reading some VC and technology blogs that my friend Chris recommended to me (I have also discovered how useful Google Reader and RSS feeds are, btw), I have heard about it even more. Some experts even claim that it may become a success as huge as Google was some years ago.

But I had kind of told to myself that I had enough with emails, Linkedin and stuff. The thing is that, after reading so much about it and after receiving an invite to join from a friend a couple of days ago, I have finally registered. Another login and password!!!

But so far so good. I cannot still handle the interface very well but I will get to it. And it is amazing how one's Facebook network expands and how many things one can do. So take a peek and sign up!

And continuing with technology, today Google has given a corporate presentation at Stern. Friendly and laid back people. It seems like it would be a nice place to work but I am not sure if I will be able to make it. It looks to me like the computer science/maths background weighs a lot. I will probably give it a go, though.

Ciao

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the king of the Networking! :-)

05:02

 
Blogger Santosh Venkat said...

hi man,

could you share with me the blogs to vc and technology that ur frd gave you?? actually i am also very interested in joining stern. I am not applying this yr though. I would be apping next yr. i want to join the media and entertainment MBA. I have read abt the MEA and it sounds very interesting. Am finding ur blog very useful. Keep posting..

23:44

 
Blogger Rubeo Boy said...

Hey man,

Thx for reading it.

As for the VC blogs, I just know a few: http://avc.blogs.com/, http://blog.pmarca.com/, http://gigaom.com/, http://www.techcrunch.com

Hope it's useful. Ciao

00:09

 

Post a Comment

<< Home