A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Friday, October 26, 2007

Friday night in

The chill is back in town… finally, for god’s shake! I was really fed up with the heat, with wearing t-shirts and shorts. I am not saying that I’m missing this snow and the freezing cold, but it feels good to see the Autumn finally striking back. Playing soccer in Central Park in the rain, putting on a jacket to go to school, wearing a shirt to work without the risk of color-changing sweat…all these little things!

And when the weather turns a little nasty – it’s also been raining today –I also enjoy staying in from time to time, watching a movie (“Old School” with Vince Vaughn, Luke Wilson and Will Ferrell, for tonight) and eating pop corn…though I am missing the blanket that my grandma knitted for me a few years ago. A nice night in, a quiet one. I will be able to wake up early tomorrow to do some work… and to have fun thereafter!

I have everything planned for tomorrow. Read some cases and complete an assignment due on Wednesday. Grab brunch in the Village with a friend and then go to Nevada Smiths (“Where football is religion” – that’s the tag line) to see my hometown team’s soccer game. Then, ready for Halloween celebration.

Yes, Halloween. Although Halloween day will come next Wednesday most of the people will be celebrating tomorrow night. I have already bought the costume – pirate, this year. I hope it will be better than last year. It won’t be difficult b/c last year’s night was shit: I dropped my phone in a cab and had to pay $40 to the cabdriver to get it back, I got pretty wasted rather early and ended up coming back home around midnight and I had to suffer the damned toy crow that I bought for my “The Crow” costume…It looks better this year! Just a preview of the place where we will be heading tomorrow…http://www.archiphixdesign.com/HalloweenFlyer2007.html. I do not want to have very high expectations but hopefully I will be able to tell you all some good stories tomorrow

See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home