A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Sunday, October 07, 2007

30!!

“The thirties are the new twenties”. That’s what a number of people told me yesterday at my birthday party in the LES. Maybe it was just to cheer me up and help me face that I have just started the third decade of my life (my dad told me today, half joking, half seriously, that I have “a lot of things to do” in this decade…no pressure, though!)… or maybe it is true and the best things are about to arrive.

So far so good, I must say. Everything started yesterday when some of my friends called me up from my country to wish me happy birthday. It was a great surprise. Phone calls and emails have followed today. One feels great when somebody just remembers one’s birthday. Or at least I do. Maybe it is because you value it much more when you are far away.

Yesterday I partied hard with a lot of my friends. It was a great night and it seems like everybody enjoyed. We got together at a nice venue in the LES and drank quite a lot… and it was good to see that one can still get some game when he turns 30…relief!

In sum, I am starting this new decade in a city that I love, surrounded by good friends and with many hopes (and some fears too) about the near future… challenging, exciting and, hopefully, fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Santosh Venkat said...

hi rubeo boy,

Belated happy b'day wishes...Dont be too much worried abt entering 30s man..

I hear from ppl that living in a place like NY squeezes every penny from a person and tha its better doing mba from a small village kinda place coz the costs are less. I dont want to shun my dream of being in NY just coz money is a factor..

Wat do u feel man?

11:06

 

Post a Comment

<< Home