A foreigner's MBA (and related) adventures in the "Big Apple"

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Hopefully not "Just for today"

3:54 am (it should be an hour later but time has been changed today) and as I was coming back home from the LES I was whistling George Harrison’s “Just for today”. Don’t ask me why. I have therefore decided to play it as I start writing this post.

It’s been a good night…a great one actually. I don’t have any of those stories that you are thinking of to tell but it has been great anyway. After a month, I have felt like I am – little by little, though – back. It’s been a walk in the desert, it’s been that girl that I liked who wouldn’t pay attention to me, it’s been not being in the mood for too much partying… but hopefully that is gone. Thank God.

Tonight we have headed to the LES. First, a few drinks at Piano’s, where a girl – she has hit on me (great beginning… for a change) – has confirmed me that “Okies” don’t get upset when you referred to them as such. It’s been a perfect time to bring up “Grapes of Wrath”, since that is where I took from the idea that the word “okies” for people from Oklahoma was not that appropriate. They like it, indeed. She has given me two free drinks and asked me to come back for a concert…not sure, though…well, probably not coming back, to be honest.

After a few Jackies and coke we have headed to Gallery, the place where I celebrated my birthday. Fortunately, the D.J. was not sick today and we have danced to great music ranging from Police to Joy Division or Blur. And believe it or not, we have had some game. A couple of chicks from Houston, Texas who were about to leave have stayed when we have asked them so; the blond girl who was so happy with some “grinding” with me, a group of Puerto Ricans (one of them was sooooo cute!) has also been in the mood for us… the amazing waitress Rachel (god, I couldn’t help but thinking about “Friends”) who still remembered my name a month after my birthday party. I have even seen a girl that I used to like a lot and we have just talked about this and that (nothing has changed , though, meaning that she’s not interested). I am not trying anything any more. She’s really cute but I can’t help it. I told her and “did my homework” (as a friend of mine said a few years ago in relation to the girl that she liked) before the summer. If she doesn’t like me I am not strong enough to try harder. I have never been like that. Today I have actually thought about this very good friend of mine from my hometown who has always had the will power to “fight” for (and get!!) the girl that he likes even if she’s not very receptive in the beginning. I really admire it. But I simply can’t…

I have come back home after a nice slice of pizza and I am going to bed now. The last notes of George Harrison’s “Across the Universe” are the perfect end for this post.

Ciao

1 Comments:

Blogger Ciudadano said...

El nombre técnico, creo recordar que era "Pico y Pala", no?

Ánimo y a seguir para arriba!!
Un abrazo

14:12

 

Post a Comment

<< Home